About Bimat Eye drops
Bimat eye drops are prescribed treatment for Open Angle Glaucoma and eyelash development.
It has Bimatoprost as its active ingredient.
Bimatoprost is a Prostaglandin that releases excess fluid from the eye and decreases intraocular eye pressure.
Ajanta Pharmaceuticals specializes in manufacturing these popular eye drops.
You can get Bimat eye drops at your doorstep through WowRxPharmacy.
0.03% wv solution of Bimat eye drops is used in the following conditions:
Open-Angle Glaucoma is the most prevalent, painless condition that causes vision loss and irreversible blindness.
Intraocular pressure increases at an alarming rate in Open-Angle Glaucoma, resulting in vision loss.
Bimat solution aids in treating Open-Angle Glaucoma by lowering intraocular pressure.
Hypotrichosis of eyelashes
Hypotrichosis is a disorder in which hair development slows or hair loss occurs in a specific body area.
Bimat eye drops have been demonstrated to aid in repairing hair in the eye area, primarily eyelashes, when used by patients.
Bimat comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for Open-angle Glaucoma.
The primary element in Bimat eye drops is Bimatoprost.
These eye drops act to open clogged drainage pathways in the eye area. It also helps in growing the eyelashes.
As a result, the extra fluid in the inner space of the eye is discharged, which leads to decreasing intraocular pressure.
The active ingredient Bimatoprost is an FDA-approved salt.
It is also available as alternative medicine like
Alternatively, your doctor might recommend the following medication if you are allergic to Bimatoprost,
- Brimodin 5 ml Eye Drops
- Iotim 0.5% eye drops 5 ml
- Dorzox T 5 ml Eye Drop
- Brimosun P 0.15% Eye Drop
- Travatan 2.5 ml (0.004%)
- Xalatan Eye drops
How to take the drug?
The drops should be put in one eye at a time, with caution.
- You can use it simply as an eyedrop
- Use only one drop each day, and follow the doctor's instructions
- To treat Hypotrichosis of eyelashes, gently apply the drop with an applicator to the root of the upper eyelashes region
- It is normally advised to take one dose per day
- But you should strictly follow the doctor's prescription for the proper doses
- In case you miss any dose, skip it and continue with the usual schedule of your dose
- Do not double the dose or overdose yourself. For better results, try taking medicine at the same time every day
If you forget, administer the Moisol 5ml dose as soon as you remember.
You can skip the missed one if it's time for the next dose.
Avoid taking an overdose of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose eye drops.
In case you have taken multiple doses and have experienced eye problems, call your doctor immediately.
The following are some of the side effects of taking Bimat eye drops:
- Eye dryness
- Watering eyes
- Itchy eyes
- Discomfort in the eyes
- Burning feeling in the eyes
- Changes in eyesight
- Blurred vision
Other Prostaglandins Ophthalmic medications like Latanoprost, Tafluprost, Travoprost, and Unoprostone may interact with this drug.
Non-prescription drugs, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal items you take or intend to use may interact with Bimat.
Inform your doctor about your medical history if you had
- Renal or liver problems,
- Uveitis (eye inflammation) or Macular Edema (fluid buildup in the eye resulting in swelling)
Precautions to be taken
You should avoid the usage of solution in the following cases:
- Wearing contact lenses: You should remove the contact lenses before using eye drops. You can wear the contact lenses back after 2 hours of application
- Consumed Alcohol: Intake of Alcohol with Bimat eye drops can adversely affect your liver
- Pregnant or planning on conceiving: The eyedrops can affect the fetus or pregnant women. Ask your doctor for more information
- Allergic to Bimatoprost
- Experiencing discomfort in your eye
- Suffering from headaches
Store the eye drops away from sunlight and in a cool and dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I stop using Bimat?
The eyelashes may revert to their previous state after several weeks or months if you stop using Bimat Eye Drop.
If you have noticed any eyelid skin darkening, it might go away after a few weeks or months.
How long does it take for Bimat 0.03 % wv to take effect?
Bimat Eye Drops may begin working within 4 hours of dosing.
Is Bimatoprost safe to use?
Bimatoprost is an FDA-approved salt and can be effectively used to treat Open-angle Glaucoma and Hypotrichosis.
What type of drug is Bimatoprost?
Bimatoprost belongs to a family of drugs known as Prostaglandin analogs. It reduces eye pressure by boosting the flow of natural eye fluids out of the eye.
How long does it take to see results from Bimatoprost?
It usually takes at least two months for the lashes to start thickening, with full results appearing in three to four months.
Can Bimatoprost change eye color?
In rare cases, Bimatoprost changes the iris of your treated eyes and may gradually become brown. The change in iris color is frequently visible many months or years after starting Bimatoprost medication.