About Progynova 2 mg
Progynova 2mg Tablet is the sex hormone (Estrogen for women).
It is a type of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) used to treat menopause symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and itching, as well as Estrogen deficiency and bone loss (Osteoporosis).
Estradiol is the salt in this medicine.
Progynova 2mg Tablet is sometimes used with other cancer drugs to treat breast and prostate cancer.
The company that manufactures this medicine is called Zydus Healthcare.
Progynova 2 mg comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for menopause symptoms.
If you're only using this medicine to treat symptoms in and around the vagina, you might want to try products that you put directly in the vagina before you try pills, creams, or shots.
Women can also use Estrogen products after menopause to keep their bones from getting weak (Osteoporosis).
Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is a way to treat symptoms of menopause like night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings, dryness in the genital area, and less desire to have sex.
Since menopause can last for years, this treatment can significantly affect your mood and daily life.
Estrogen is one of two essential hormones that are used in this treatment.
The other one is Progesterone.
You should take this medicine exactly as your doctor prescribes you to and for as long as your doctor tells you to.
Progynova 2mg Tablet consists of a medication called Estrogen.
It works by replacing the Estrogen that the body makes on its own.
It stops menopause symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal burning, dryness, and itching in women who are going through menopause or have already crossed that phase.
How to use it?
Following are the points you should keep in mind while using Progynova 1mg:
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet before you start taking this medicine and if your pharmacist has one every time you get a refill. If you have any queries, talk to your doctor or pharmacist
- If your doctor tells you to take this medicine by mouth, you can do so with or without food. You can take it while eating or right after a meal to keep your stomach from getting upset
- The extended-release tablets shouldn't be broken up, chewed on, or dissolved in water. If you do this, the drug may all come out at the same time, which could cause more side effects
- Also, only break extended-release tablets if they have a score line or if your doctor or pharmacist tells you to. You can either take the whole pill or cut it in half. Don't chew or crush it
As soon as you remember, take the dose you forgot. If it's time for your next dose, don't take the one you missed. Do not take more medicine than usual to make up for your missed amount.
Get help from a doctor right away. You might feel sick, throw up, or get vaginal bleeding if you take too much.
Progynova is also available in the strengths of Progynova 1 mg.
Most side effects don't need medical help and go away as your body gets used to the drug. Talk to your doctor if they keep happening or if they worry you.
- Breast pain
- Abdominal cramp
- Vaginal spotting
Progynova 2mg is safe, but there are chances that it can interact with other drugs and diseases to show side effects.
Estradiol can interact with a lot of other drugs. This includes medicines you get from a doctor or buy over the counter, vitamins, and herbal products.
This medication guide does not list all of the possible drug interactions. Tell your doctor if you are on any medication.
Following are the drugs which interact with Progynova 1mg:
- Tranexamic acid
There are disease interactions with Estradiol:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Carcinomas (Estrogenic)
- Hypercalcemia in breast cancer
- Hepatic neoplasms
It would be good if you also avoided alcohol while you are on this medication.
When you use this injection, you should watch out for the following:
- Before taking Progynova 2mg, you should inform your doctor if you are taking or have been on a recent dose of any other medicines for the same disease or other diseases.
- Keep in mind before you start this HRT, you should talk to your doctor if you have ever had vaginal bleeding that couldn't be explained or a blood clot in your legs or lungs.
- Before taking this medicine, you should inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Your doctor may suggest diagnostic or lab tests to determine how this medicine affects your body and if it has any side effects.
It’s better to store Progynova 2mg below 30°C.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Progynova 2mg used for?
It makes up for the loss of Estrogen production in women going through menopause and eases the symptoms of menopause. Estrogens stop bone loss after menopause or ovary removal.
Does Progynova cause spotting?
During the first few months of treatment, you might have spotting or bleeding that doesn't stop.
If breakthrough bleeding or spotting occurs during treatment or after treatment has stopped, the cause should be considered.
An Endometrial biopsy may be done to rule out Endometrial cancer.
What time of day should I take the Estradiol pill?
One capsule at night, once a day. There is Estradiol and Progesterone present in each capsule.