About Progynova 1 mg
The female sex hormone is Progynova 1mg Tablet (Estrogen).
This kind of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is used to treat menopause symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and itching, as well as Estrogen deficiency and bone loss (Osteoporosis).
The salt present in this medicine is Estradiol.
Progynova 1mg Tablet is sometimes used with other cancer medicines to treat breast and Prostate Cancer.
Zydus Healthcare is the manufacturer of this medicine.
Progynova 1 mg comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for menopause symptoms.
If you're only using this medicine to treat symptoms in and around the vagina, you might want to try products that you put directly in the vagina before you try pills, creams, or shots.
Women can also use Estrogen products after menopause to keep their bones from getting weak (Osteoporosis).
Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is a way to treat symptoms of menopause like night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings, dryness in the genital area, and less desire to have sex.
Since menopause can last for years, this treatment can significantly affect your mood and daily life.
Estrogen is one of two essential hormones that are used in this treatment.
The other one is Progesterone. You should take this medicine exactly as your doctor prescribes you to and for as long as your doctor tells you to.
Progynova 1mg Tablet consists of a hormone called Estrogen. It works by replacing the Estrogen that the body makes on its own.
It stops menopause symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal burning, dryness, and itching in women who are going through menopause or have already crossed that phase.
How to use it?
Following are the points you should keep in mind while using Progynova 1mg:
- Before you start taking this medicine and every time you get a refill, read the Patient Information Leaflet if your pharmacist has one. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you face any doubts.
- Take this medicine by mouth as your doctor tells you, with or without food. You can take it while eating or right after a meal to keep your stomach from getting upset.
- You shouldn't crush, chew, or dissolve the extended-release tablets. If you do this, the medicine could all come out simultaneously, leading to more side effects.
- Also, only break extended-release tablets if they have a score line or your doctor or pharmacist tells you to. You can swallow the tablet whole or cut it in half. Do not crush or chew it.
As soon as you remember, take the dose you forgot. If it's time for your next dose, don't take the one you missed. Do not take more medicine than usual to make up for your missed amount.
Get help from a doctor right away. You might feel sick, throw up, or get vaginal bleeding if you take too much.
Progynova is also available in the strengths of Progynova 2 mg.
Most side effects don't need medical help and fade as your body gets used to the medication.
Talk to your doctor if they keep happening or if they worry you.
- Breast pain
- Abdominal cramp
- Vaginal spotting
Progynova 1mg is safe, but there are chances that it can interact with other medicines and diseases to show side effects.
Estradiol can interact with a lot of other drugs. This includes medicines you get from a doctor or buy over the counter, vitamins, and herbal products.
This medication guide does not list all of the possible drug interactions. Tell your doctor if you are on any medication.
Following are the drugs which interact with Progynova 1mg:
- Tranexamic acid
There are disease interactions with Estradiol:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Carcinomas (estrogenic)
- Hypercalcemia in breast cancer
- Hepatic neoplasms
It would be beneficial if you also avoided alcohol while you are on this medication.
When you use this injection, you should watch out for the following:
- Before taking Progynova 1mg, you should inform your doctor if you are taking or have been on a recent dose of any other medicines for the same disease or other diseases
- Don’t start HRT before, you should talk to your doctor if you have ever had vaginal bleeding that couldn't be explained or a blood clot in your legs or lungs
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, before starting this medicine
- Your doctor may suggest diagnostic or lab tests to determine how this medicine affects your body and if it has any side effects
It’s better to store Progynova 1mg below 30°C.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Progynova tablets used for?
It is used to treat menopause symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and itching, as well as low estrogen and bone loss (Osteoporosis).
Can I get pregnant on Progynova?
It won't become a barrier in your pregnancy. If you want to know why your doctor gave you this medicine, you can ask them. Your doctor might have given it to you for a different reason.
What happens after taking Progynova?
Side effects of the Progynova 1mg Tablet include stomach pain, headaches, changes in weight, Edema (swelling) of the legs, breast tenderness, and changes in mood, such as anxiety and sadness.