Evalon 15 gm
About Evalon 15 gm Cream
Evalon cream is a form of the female hormone Estrogen. It is a topical medication used to treat menopause-related symptoms.
Estriol (1 mg), the active ingredient in the cream, treats Estrogen deficiency-related vaginal burning, dryness, and itching.
Evalon 15gm cream is only available with a prescription and a doctor's recommendation. You can easily buy Estriol cream online from WowRxPharmacy.
Estriol cream is prescribed for:
These symptoms occur in women who have gone through menopause.
After menopause, insufficient levels of this Estrogen can cause the vaginal lining to thin and dry out. This can make sexual activity uncomfortable and increase the risk of vaginal infections.
Postmenopausal symptoms include vaginal dryness or itching, hot flashes, irritability, and mood swings.
Evalon 15gm Cream alleviates vaginal symptoms by regulating the level of Estrogen.
Before and after vaginal surgery
Estriol Vaginal cream is used before and after surgery to promote wound healing.
How does Estriol (Evalon) Cream work
Evalon 15gm cream contains Estriol as the active ingredient.
Estriol belongs to the group of medicines known as Estrogens.
It alleviates menopausal symptoms by compensating for the loss of Estrogen production during menopause.
Estriol is a natural metabolite of the predominant Estrogen estradiol.
Estriol exerts its estrogenic effect by binding to Estrogen receptors in the female genital tract.
Evalon Cream 15 gm delivers Estrogen directly into the vagina to relieve the symptoms of menopause, such as dryness, pain, burning, and irritation.
This medication is only for external use. Follow the dosage and duration instructions provided by your doctor.
Check the label for usage instructions before use.
How to use
Here is how to use Estriol cream for treating Postmenopausal symptoms:
- Clean and dry the affected area
- Relax by lying on your back and bending your knees or by standing with one foot on a chair
- With one hand, hold the entire applicator. Slowly insert the applicator into the vagina
- Slowly press the plunger until it comes to a halt
- Remove the applicator. The medication will be left in the vagina
- Wash your hands following the application
Apply the dose of Evalon that you missed as soon as you remember.
Skip the missed one if your next dose is close.
Do not administer a double dose to compensate for a missed dose.
Never exceed the recommended Estriol Cream dosage. If there is an overdose, contact your doctor.
Most side effects are harmless and disappear as your body adjusts to the medication. Consult your doctor if they continue or if you are concerned.
Here are some common side effects of Evalon:
- Hair loss
- Skin rash
- Lower abdominal pain
- Vaginal irritation and itching
- Vaginal discharge
- Breast pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Changes in weight
- Blood clots
Every drug interacts differently with each individual. Before beginning any medication, talk to your doctor about all the possible interactions.
Consulting a doctor before self-medicating reduces the risk of adverse interactions that may cause harm.
Here are some of the drug interactions of Estriol cream for Postmenopausal symptoms:
Avoid using Estriol Cream 15gm if you have the following health conditions:
- Estrogen-dependent cancer
- Liver disease
Here are some essential things to consider before using Evalon:
- Estriol cream is only for vaginal use. Avoid contact with your mouth and eyes
- Evalon is not recommended for use in children below 18
- 15 gm Evalon Cream with Estriol is to be used after a go-ahead from your doctor if you have migraine, Asthma, Seizures, Otosclerosis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure
- Estriol vaginal cream is not intended for pregnant or breastfeeding women
Store Evalon cream below 30°C. Keep it away from pets and kids.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do you apply Estrogen cream?
Estriol Cream(Evalon) is a vaginal cream. It is applied inside the vagina using an applicator.
Who should not use Estrogen cream?
Estrogen (Evalon) is not recommended for women 65 and older as it may increase the risk of Dementia. This medication may increase your risk of blood clots, strokes, or heart attacks.
How do you insert Estrogen cream?
Follow these instructions to use Evalon Cream (Estrogen):
- Unwind by lying on your back and bending your knees or standing with one foot on a chair
- Hold the entire applicator in one hand. Insert the applicator slowly into the vagina
- Press the plunger slowly until it comes to a halt
- Take out the applicator. The medication will be administered vaginally
How long do you take Estrogen cream?
Typically, your doctor will advise you to use this medication for only three weeks per month. Your doctor may raise your dose if needed. However, the daily dose is usually no more than 2 grams.
What is a good Estrogen cream?
Evalon 15 gm Cream is an effective Estrogen cream. It is a topical medication used to treat menopause-related symptoms.