About Repace 100 mg
Doctors recommend this medicine to patients with high blood pressure and heart failure.
Losartan is the main salt in it.
Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd manufactures Repace 100 mg.
Buy Repace 100mg online from the most trusted online pharmacy, WowRxPharmacy.
This medicine primarily helps prevent stroke and heart attacks.
When the blood flow to a portion of the brain is prevented or when a blood artery bursts in the brain, a stroke, also known as a brain attack, happens.
The brain cells may get harmed due to the attack.
A heart attack occurs when an artery sending blood to the heart gets blocked. It happens due to fatty plaque Cholesterol-containing deposits in the blood vessels.
The process of plaque buildup is called Artherosclerosis.
Repace 100 mg also makes it easier for the heart to pump blood around the body. You need to take it regularly as prescribed.
Although its effects are not usually noticeable, this medicine helps keep you healthy in the long term.
Repace 100 mg is an Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the chemical that makes blood vessels in the body tighter, relaxing the blood vessels.
It results in a lowering of blood pressure, allowing the heart to pump blood easily around the body.
How to use it
You should follow the instructions for the effective working of the medication:
- Swallow the tablet as a whole
- Do not break or crush the tablet. Do not chew it either
- You can take this tablet with or without food
- Doctors recommend taking this medicine at the same time daily
In case of a missed dose of Repace 100, skip that dose.
You should continue with your usual amount and not double the next one.
In case of an overdose of this medicine, contact your local emergency services immediately.
Although this medication is safe for the body, there may be instances where your body reacts to it.
These side effects fade, though you can contact your doctor if you are concerned about it.
These are the side effects of Repace 100:
- Increased Potassium level in the blood
- Increased blood urea
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
- Decreased blood pressure
There are certain drugs or foods this medicine may react with to produce side effects.
You should consult your doctor if you suspect such an interaction.
Consult your doctor before starting Repace 100 if you take any of these medicines.
These are the drugs it may interact with to produce side effects:
You should talk to your doctor before consuming Repace 100 if you have:
- Angioedema (Swelling of the tissue below the skin layer)
- Kidney dysfunction
- Liver problems
- Heart issues
- Hypotension or low blood pressure
You should not consume the following with Repace 100 mg:
- Grapefruit or its juice
- Potassium supplements or Potassium salt substitutes
Observe the following precautions while using this medicine:
- Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Since it is unknown whether Repace affects driving abilities, you should not drive the car if you experience any symptoms that interfere with your concentration
- You may feel dizzy for the first few days after consuming this medicine. You should rise slowly from the sitting/laying position if you have been sitting/lying down for a long time
- You should take it regularly at the same time every day
- Talk to your doctor before you cease taking this medicine
You should store this medicine at a temperature below 30 degrees Celsius.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Repace used for?
Doctors use Repace to lower blood pressure, preventing heart attacks and stroke in the patient.
Is Repace a blood thinner?
This medicine helps in lowering blood pressure and preventing heart attacks.
Are Repace and Losartan same?
The medicine Repace contains Losartan salt, and both are used in the lowering of blood pressure.
Is Losartan good for the brain?
Losartan helps improve motor and neurological function, which is good for the brain.
Why is Losartan taken at night?
You can take Losartan at any time, but as its side effects may make the patient feel dizzy, doctors recommend taking it at night.
How long should you use Losartan?
You should continue taking Losartan, as it works best when taken for a long time. But as Losartan can result in your Kidneys not working correctly, the doctor will keep a check on it through regular blood tests.
Is Losartan good for the heart?
Losartan is used to enhance your survival if you're taking medication for heart failure or after a heart attack and to help avoid strokes and future heart attacks.