About Aldactone 100 mg
Aldactone 100 mg is a medicine that treats high blood pressure and has received highly positive reviews from the patients using it.
The main salt in it is Spironolactone.
Aldactone, thus, helps prevent heart failure.
RPG Life Sciences Ltd manufactures this medication.
Buy it from the most trusted online pharmacy, WowRxPharmacy.
Aldactone 100 mg Uses
There are many ways in which this medicine helps the body function better:
- It treats Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- It prevents heart failures
- It does not let the Potassium in the body fall
- It treats Edema
Aldactone 100 mg is a Potassium-sparing Diuretic.
It means it works by lowering the level of electrolytes and extra water in the body. It, however, spares the Potassium present in the body.
How to use it
You should follow the given instructions while taking the Aldactone 100 mg tablet:
- Take this medicine as your doctor tells you to
- Please do not break this tablet or chew or crush it
- Swallow it as a whole
- Aldactone 100 mg is to be taken with food
In case you miss any dose, take it as soon as possible. Skip the previous dose if it is time for your next dose already. Do not take a double dose.
You should inform your doctor immediately in case of an overdose.
Aldactone 100 mg is also available in the strength of Aldactone 25 mg.
There may be some side effects as your body adjusts to this medicine.
These side effects fade as you get used to it.
The side effects of Spironolactone include
- Leg cramps
- Nausea or vomiting
- Increased Creatinine levels in the blood
- Breast enlargement in males
There may be some foods or medicines Aldactone 40 mg interacts with to produce side effects.
If you suspect such an interaction, talk to your doctor immediately.
If you take any of the medicines below, you should talk to your doctor about it.
The list of medicines this drug interacts with includes:
- Painkillers like Ibuprofen
- Immune-suppressing drugs such as Cyclosporine
- Anti-depression drugs like Alprazolam
- Anti-epilepsy medicines like Phenobarbital
- High blood pressure lowering pills such as Ramipril
You should let your doctor know before taking this medicine if you suffer from the following:
- Heart valve problem (Stenosis)
- Low blood pressure (Hypotension)
- Cardiogenic shock (When the heart is unable to pump the blood required around the body)
- Coronary heart disease
- Liver disease
- Patients with nil urine output (Anuria)
- Heart failure
- Low serum Potassium (Hypokalemia)
You should avoid consuming the following when taking this medicine:
- Potassium or Potassium-rich foods such as bananas or broccoli
You should try to observe the following precautions when using Aldactone 100 mg:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should talk to their doctors before they consume this medicine
- Taking this medicine may decrease alertness. Hence doctors advise not to take this medicine before driving
- Aldactone Tablet may result in breast soreness or swelling, irregular menstrual cycles in women, or problems with sexual function in women
- You should talk to your doctor if you feel dizzy, have fast or irregular heartbeat, vomiting, diarrhea, swelling in feet, or difficulty in breathing
- While on this medication, the doctor might regularly check your kidney function and the amount of Potassium in your blood
You should store this medicine under the following conditions:
- Store it in a cool place
- Store it away from moisture
- You should store it away from sunlight
- Store at a temperature below 30 degrees Celsius
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Aldactone 100mg used for?
It is a medicine used to treat high blood pressure in patients.
What is the action of Aldactone?
Aldactone is a Diuretic. This means it works by flushing the excess water and electrolytes out of the body. It, however, spares Potassium so that it is not flushed out with the remaining minerals.
How much Aldactone should a woman take?
For adult women, the dose to be taken should be 25-100 mg daily, which can be taken wholly together or in divided portions.
How long does it take Aldactone to work for blood pressure?
This medicine shows an effect on high blood pressure after about two weeks.
How much Aldactone should I take for acne?
For skin problems, 50 mg of Spironolactone can either be taken once a day or 100 mg/day once or twice a day.