Norflox Eye Drop 0.3% (10 ml)
About Norflox Eye Drops
Norflox Eye Drop is an antibiotic medication usually prescribed for treating bacterial infection of the eye.
The main active salt of this medication is Norfloxacin; it relieves infection symptoms by preventing the growth of causative microorganisms.
An eye infection caused by bacteria occurs when pathogenic bacteria penetrate any part of the eye, including the eyeball, the conjunctiva, or the cornea.
Norflox eye drop is a prescription-based medication that has received a lot of positive reviews when it comes to treating eye infections.
Cipla Ltd manufactures Norflox Eye Drops.
Uses of Norflox Eye Drops
Norflox Eye Drops are used when a person gets diagnosed with a bacterial eye infection.
A bacterial eye infection can occur due to trauma, eye surgery, contact lens wear, immunological weaknesses, or other illnesses that promote bacterial growth.
Conjunctivitis, sometimes known as pink eye, and Blepharitis, a chronic inflammation of the eyelids, are the two most prevalent bacterial eye diseases.
Take Norfloxacin eye drops as per the specific instructions given by your general physician.
How it works
Norflox Eye Drops belong to the Antibiotic class of medications.
The eye drop works by blocking DNA-gyrase, an enzyme required for DNA replication.
As a result, it eliminates bacteria and treats bacterial eye infections.
Norfloxacin eye drops are only intended for usage externally.
Make sure you take the eye drop in the dose and duration recommended by your doctor.
The dosage of Norflox Eye Drops to be administered will be determined by the diagnosis provided by your healthcare practitioner.
Patients may require a varying dosage of eye drop medication depending on the severity of their respective health conditions.
Take this eye drop twice daily for at least one week or as directed by your healthcare provider.
How to take
Norflox Eye Drops should be taken as directed by your primary care physician.
Follow these steps while using the eye drop:
- Lay down and lean your head backwards slightly
- With your index finger, gently pull the lower eyelid down to create a pocket
- The doctor will tell you how many drops to put in the pocket of the lower eyelid. Put those drops in there
- Please close your eyes for one to two minutes
- After 5–10 minutes, repeat the process on the other eye
- Avoid touching the container's tip directly to the affected region
- Remove any excess liquid with a wipe
If you realize you missed a dose of Norflox, take it as soon as you recall. If the time for the next scheduled dose has passed, skip the missed dose.
Norflox Eye Drop is intended to be applied to the eye; overdose situations are unusual.
But in the case of accidental ingestion, call your doctor immediately or go to the closest to you.
If you believe you have taken too much of this medication, use cotton and tissue to remove the excess.
Norflox Eye Drop is a safe and effective medicine for treating bacterial eye infections.
However, if any of the following side effects occur after taking the eye drop, get medical attention immediately:
- Eye itching
- Application site irritation
- Burning sensation
- Eye Swelling or Pain
Every individual responds differently to the effects of every medication.
Before taking any new medicine, you and your doctor should talk about any possible interactions between drugs:
Taking the following drugs in conjunction with Norflox Eye Drop may result in an interaction.
As a result, before using Norfloxacin eye drops, consult a medical practitioner.
- Antidiabetic drugs
Norflox Eye Drop should be taken when it is prescribed by a medical professional. Take the following precautions while using the eye drop:
- Avoid touching the dropper/tube tip, as it may contaminate the contents
- Norflox Eye Drop should not be used during pregnancy unless necessary. Consult your doctor before using the drug
- Do not use this eye drop if you are allergic to Norfloxacin or other ingredients in this medication
- Norfloxacin eye drops should not be used to treat viral or fungal infections
- Before discontinuing this medicine, it is essential to speak with your doctor
- Make sure you finish the entire course of treatment. By doing this, the illness will be completely healed and won't recur
Store the eye drop below 25°C and away from moisture, sunshine, and heat. Keep the medication out of the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of Norflox eye drops?
Antibiotic medications like Norflox eye drops are utilized to treat eye bacterial infections. Take the eye drop as per the prescription given by the doctor.
Is Norflox an antibiotic?
Norfloxacin is a Quinolone antibiotic. It works either by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria.
How do I get rid of a bacterial infection in my eye?
Your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic for Bacterial Conjunctivitis, which is usually administered topically as eye drops or ointment.
Antibiotics may help shorten the duration of the infection, reduce complications, and prevent the infection from spreading to others.