Milflox 0.5% 5 ml
About Milflox Eye Drop
Milflow is an antibiotic medication that can be taken to treat eye-bacterial infections. The main active ingredient in this eye drop is Moxifloxacin, a class of medication known as Antibiotics.
The medication relieves infection symptoms by preventing the growth of causative microorganisms.
Milflox Eye Drop is a prescription-based medication that should be taken as per the directions given by your healthcare provider.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd manufactures Milflox Eye Drops 0.5% 5ml.
Uses of Milflox Eye Drops
Milflox eye drops can be used to treat bacterial eye infections such as Conjunctivitis.
Conjunctivitis is an eye infection that occurs when bacteria infiltrate any region of the eyeball or its surrounding tissues, including the cornea and conjunctiva (thin membrane lining the outer eye and inner eyelids).
Patients who exhibit signs and symptoms of Bacterial Conjunctivitis should be cautioned against wearing contact lenses throughout their treatment.
How it works
Milflox Eye Drop is an antibiotic medication that contains Moxifloxacin, a bactericidal agent, meaning that it eliminates bacteria that are the root cause of a wide variety of infections.
It prevents bacteria from copying their genetic material (DNA), which prevents them from reproducing and eventually kills them.
Milflox Eye Drops have earned plenty of good reviews for treating bacterial eye infections like Conjunctivitis. The eye drop should be taken when prescribed by a medical professional.
Your healthcare provider's diagnosis determines Milflox Eye Drop dosage.
The dose of the eye drop may differ amongst patients based on the severity of their medical issues.
Take it twice to three times daily for at least one week or as advised by your doctor.
How to take
Milflox Eye Drops should be used according to the instructions provided by your primary care physician.
While using the eye drop, take the following steps:
- Milflox 0.5% Eye Drops should only be used externally
- Avoid touching the dropper's tip on your eye or any other surface
- After administration, close the bottle's lid to keep it clean and free of infection
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes without blinking or squeezing after using the eye drop
- Using a tissue, remove any extra liquid from your face.
- The dropper tip should not be wiped or rinsed
- To make it easier to remember, apply Milflox 0.5% eye Drops at the same time every day
- To avoid re-infection, make sure you finish the course of medication
- Do not touch your eyes with unwashed hands
If you have forgotten to apply Milflox eye drops, do it as soon as possible. However, do not add more drops to make up for the missing dose.
Overdoses of Moxifloxacin eye drops are unusual because they are designed for external usage.
However, If you accidentally take more than the recommended dose, immediately rinse your eyes with water.
Milflox Eye Drop is a safe and effective drug for treating bacterial eye infections.
However, if any of the following side effects occur after using the eye drop, contact a doctor right away:
- Dry eyes
- Eye pain
- Watery eyes
- Eye pain or discomfort
- Blurred vision
- Eye swelling
- Redness, itching and irritation of the eyes
Every person reacts differently to the effects of medicines. Before starting any new medication, you and your doctor should discuss potential drug or disease interactions.
If you have any of the following medical conditions, see your doctor before using the eye drop:
- Corneal problems
- Dry eye syndrome
Always inform your doctor if you are taking vitamins, other medications, or herbal supplements before you start any medical treatment.
Taking the following medicines with Milflox Eye Drop may cause an adverse reaction:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Antidiabetic drugs
The following safety measures must be taken when receiving Milflox Eye Drop:
- When using an eye drop, please do not contact the tip and use it within a month of opening
- This drug is not recommended for children under the age of one year
- Do not exceed the specified dose of the medication
- Do not discontinue taking this medication without first consulting with your doctor
- Hands should be washed before and after applying this medication to the afflicted eye
- While using this medication, as advised by your doctor, avoid wearing contact lenses
- As prescribed by the doctor, take this medication with or without food
- Use the eye drop simultaneously every day to make it easier to remember. To avoid re-infection, make sure you finish the course of medication
Milflox eye drops should be stored at room temperature in a cool, dry area. Keep the medication out of children's reach.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Milflox eye drops used for?
Milflox Eye Drop is an antibiotic medication that treats bacterial eye infections. It works by inhibiting the growth of the infection-causing bacteria. It helps alleviate eye infection symptoms such as discomfort, redness, itching, and soreness.
Is Milflox a steroid?
No. Milflox is not a steroid medication. Milflox eye drops contain Moxifloxacin, which belongs to an antibiotic group of medicine known as Fluoroquinolone.
Is it good to use eye drops regularly?
Despite their utility, eye drops are not intended for long-term, daily use. If taken too frequently, they may cause many problems, including exacerbating pre-existing dry eye.
Can eye drops improve vision?
Eye drops can help you recover from various eye conditions and improve your vision. However, take Moxifloxacin eye drops only after consulting with your general physician.