About Arimidex 1 mg Tablets
Arimidex 1mg Tablets treat postmenopausal women with early breast cancer alone or in conjunction with other therapies, such as surgery or radiation.
It is also a primary treatment for advanced breast cancer that has progressed within the breast or other body parts.
Breast cancer arises in breast cells encouraged by Estrogen, the female sex hormone.
The active ingredient in Arimidex 1 mg tablets is Anastrozole.
It belongs to the family of anti-cancer medications known as Aromatase inhibitors, which reduce Estrogen levels in the body.
You can get Arimidex 1 mg at your doorsteps from WowRxPharmacy.
Arimidex 1mg Tablet comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medications for Breast cancer symptoms such as breast lumps, bloody flow from the nipple, and changes in the form or texture of the breast.
It changes the body's synthesis of hormones essential for the growth and spread of breast cancer.
It may also interact with other hormones or directly inhibit the growth of the malignancy.
How do Arimidex 1 mg tablets work
The anti-cancer medication Arimidex 1 mg is an Aromatase inhibitor.
Arimidex 1 mg Tablets are utilised to treat breast cancer in postmenopausal (cessation of periods) women .
Breast cancer is a kind of cancer that originates in breast cells that Estrogen has driven.
Arimidex 1 mg Tablet works by inhibiting the Aromatase enzyme involved in Estrogen synthesis.
Cancer cells require Estrogen to develop. Therefore, inhibiting the enzyme Arimidex 1 Tablets stops the growth of cancer cells.
Consequently, Arimidex 1 Tablet helps reduce or stop the growth and spread of tumors to other body regions.
Arimidex 1 mg dosage
Take 1 mg tablet of Arimidex as your doctor recommends.
Depending on your medical condition, you should take Arimidex 1 mg Tablets for as long as your physician prescribes.
General instructions to take the Arimidex 1 mg dosage are as follows:
- Swallow the pill whole
- Not to be chewed, crushed, or broken
- Arimidex 1mg Tablet may be taken with or without meals
- It is preferable to take it at a set time each day
To effectively treat your illness, continue taking Arimidex 1 mg dosage for as long as your physician directs.
Refrain from pausing Arimidex 1 mg Tablets in the middle.
The following medications can also treat Breast Cancer:
- Endace 40mg
- Aromasin 25 mg
- Exeget 25mg
- Mamofen 10 mg
However, they must only be taken on the advice of your doctor.
Arimidex Side effects
Most adverse effects are temporary and go away as your body becomes used to the medication.
If they persist or you're concerned about them, speak with your doctor.
The following are the common Arimidex side effects:
- Hot flashes
- Skin rash
Medications tend to interact with other medicines and may worsen a disease you already suffer from.
Hence, it is advised to be open with your doctor about your medical history and any medication/herbal supplement you are taking.
Below are the medicine, food and disease interactions of Arimidex 1 mg tablets:
Taking Thalidomide, an Immunosuppressant, with Arimidex 1 mg Tablet can result in blood clots.
Arimidex 1 mg Tablets may interact with diseases/conditions, including
- High Cholesterol
- Osteoporosis (thinning of bone)
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
Keep the following in mind before and during Arimidex 1 mg dosage:
- Your doctor may tell you to get your body density checked before, during, and after treatment with Arimidex 1mg Tablets. It may cause bones to thin because it lowers Estrogen levels
- Arimidex Tablets should only be used under the strict supervision of a doctor. While you are taking Arimidex Tablet, your doctor will check on you often
- Before taking Arimidex 1 mg, talk to your doctor if you have allergies, Osteoporosis (thinning of the bones), broken bones, a high cholesterol level, or severe Liver or Kidney disease
- If you are pregnant or nursing, don't take Arimidex 1 mg
- Arimidex 1 mg Tablet makes people tired and dizzy, so they shouldn't drive if they aren't alert
- Arimidex 1mg shouldn't be given to kids. It hasn't been proven that they are safe
- If you are taking Arimidex 1 mg Tablet, don't drink alcohol because it could make you feel more sleepy and dizzy
Keep the medicine in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Arimidex 1 mg used for?
Arimidex 1mg is used to help women who have been through menopause and have breast cancer. Arimidex 1 mg tablets work by stopping your body from making as much of a hormone called Estrogen.
It does this by stopping an enzyme in your body called Aromatase from doing its job.
What happens if you take Arimidex?
Arimidex treats breast cancer and is safe to use if taken on the advice of your doctor.
However, your bones may weaken and more likely to break if you take medicine.
If you have Osteoporosis, your bones might already be weak or more likely to break.
Hence avoid taking Arimidex, as it may increase the risk.
How quickly will Arimidex work?
Arimidex works on lowering the Estrogen levels rapidly.
It starts working from the first dose itself.
Is it better to take Arimidex in the morning or at night?
Anastrozole is administered in tablet form once daily.
The medication is given daily at the same time, either in the morning or at night.
Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist.
Do you lose your hair with Arimidex?
While using Anastrozole, hair loss or thinning may occur. A few women may observe an increase in facial hair.
What are the long-term side effects of Arimidex?
Some long-term side effects of Arimidex include
- Increased Cholesterol levels
- Liver problems
- Hair loss or hair thinning
- Osteoporosis (bone weakness), or bone fractures