Momate Lotion 0.1% 30 ml
About Momate Lotion 0.1% 30 ml
The steroid Momate Lotion treats skin conditions such as Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, and rash.
It reduces symptoms such as inflammation, itching, and redness.
Mometasone, the active ingredient in Momate Lotion, is a medicine in a group called Topical Corticosteroids.
Mometasone treats inflammatory and itchy skin conditions that respond well to Corticosteroids.
You can get Momate lotion from the comforts of your home through our online medicine shop WowRxpharmacy.
What is Mometasone Furoate used for
Momate comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for treating inflammatory and itchy skin disorders such as Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dermatitis.
It is categorized as a topical Corticosteroid medication.
Psoriasis is a skin disease that often affects the knees, elbows, trunk, and scalp. Scaly, itchy skin patches characterize it.
Atopic Dermatitis is a skin disorder that causes redness and itchiness.
Scalp Psoriasis is a common skin ailment that causes raised, reddish, and often scaly patches of skin on the scalp, which can appear alone or in clusters.
Commonly affecting the scalp, Seborrheic Dermatitis is marked by red, scaly areas of skin and dandruff.
This lotion functions by inhibiting the activity of substances in the body that induce skin irritation.
The medication is safe and effective when administered appropriately.
It decreases the scaly, itchy patches that may form on the elbows, knees, scalp, and other areas of the body when treating psoriasis.
Treating Eczema and Dermatitis lowers the redness, rash, discomfort, and itching caused by an irritant's response to the skin.
As a result, your self-esteem and confidence increase as your look improves.
Always use the lotion as directed, and never apply more than the recommended amount.
Continue using it for as long as suggested to receive the maximum advantages.
How does Momate lotion work
The 30 ml bottle of Momate Lotion comprises 'Mometasone furoate,' a Corticosteroid that is often given for treating and preventing numerous allergy symptoms in the body, including respiratory and skin allergies.
It lowers inflammation, itching, and redness by blocking the migration of infection-fighting White Blood Cells (WBCs) to the afflicted region.
It also inhibits the chemical messenger (Histamine) responsible for allergen-induced symptoms.
It effectively treats the symptoms of various skin allergies and other allergic disorders, such as Allergic Rhinitis.
Directions to use Momate Lotion
You must strictly follow the doctor's instructions using 30 ml Momate Lotion.
General directions to use this product are as follows:
- Wash and dry the afflicted region
- Then, apply the medication in a thin coating to the affected region
- Wash your hands before and following usage
- Follow your doctor's instructions and avoid forcefully rubbing the medication into the skin
- Momate Lotion 30ml is contraindicated for children younger than two years old
- Please consult your doctor before using it on your face for a longer duration
- Do not place it beneath your child's diaper unless directed by a physician
- A bandage or plaster covering may not be necessary to apply this medication. Please consult your physician
- Do not apply on or around the eyes, and prevent accidental intake
If your doctor recommends, you can also consider using Halovate CR 0.05% of 30 gm or Desowen lotion for skin problems like Eczema or Psoriasis.
Most side effects do not necessitate medical treatment and subside as the body responds to the medication.
Consult your physician if they persist or if they cause you concern.
Following are the common Mometasone Furoate side effects
- Itchy skin
- Burning and stinging sensation of skin
- Folliculitis (a kind of skin infection characterized by hair follicle inflammation)
- Dry skin
- Mild skin atrophy (thin-shiny appearing skin)
- Telangiectasia (a condition of dilated small blood vessels on the skin)
- Acneiform eruptions (a collection of illnesses with papules and pustules that resemble acne vulgaris)
Medicines tend to react with other medications you are taking or may worsen a disease you are suffering from.
Hence, opening up your medical history with your doctor is vital.
Momate Lotion 30 ml may interact with some medicines:
- For HIV (Ritonavir, Cobicistat)
- Other Corticosteroid medicines for allergy
Momate Lotion 30 ml should be used with caution in people with:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Active infections (Shingles, Chickenpox, etc.)
- Other skin infections
Keep the following things in mind while using Momate lotion:
- Do not overdo the frequency or duration of usage prescribed by your doctor
- Covering the treated region with airtight coverings, such as bandages, unless a physician recommends it, may increase the chance of adverse effects
- If you suspect that the region of skin you are treating has become contaminated, you should immediately discontinue the use of the Lotion and visit a physician
- If your skin condition has not improved after two weeks of therapy, consult a physician
- Use of this medication during pregnancy should only be done on the advice of a physician. There are insufficient safety data regarding the use of Mometasone during pregnancy
Place in a cool, dry location out of direct sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of Momate lotion?
Momate Lotion treats skin conditions such as Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, and rash. It reduces symptoms such as inflammation, itching, and redness.
It is a prescription-based medicine that should only be used as directed by the doctor.
Can Momate be applied to the face?
Momate is generally not recommended for the face if you have sensitive skin. Only use it on the face if your doctor agrees to it.
Even if you apply Momate on the face, only continue for a short period.
Is Mometasone a strong steroid?
Yes, Mometasone is generally considered a good steroid.
It is prescribed when milder steroids fail to treat the condition.
Does Momate cream remove dark spots?
No, Momate cream is ineffective against pigmentation.
This cream reduces the redness and itching associated with skin diseases such as Dermatitis and Eczema.
Does Mometasone stop itching?
Yes, Mometasone treats skin problems such as itching and irritated skin.
However, it is available only on the advice of a doctor.