Desowen Lotion 0.05% (30 ml)
What is Desowen lotion
Desowen Lotion comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for inflammatory and pruritic skin disorders.
Desowen Lotion 30 ml contains 'Desonide,' which belongs to topical Corticosteroids used to treat skin problems by suppressing the inflammatory cells.
The lotion relieves swelling, redness, and itching in the afflicted region by suppressing the production of cells that produce inflammation.
You can get Desowne lotion 0.05% (30 ml) at your doorsteps through our online pharmacy WowRxPharmacy.
Uses of Desowne lotion
Desowen Lotion is excellent for treating inflammatory and itchy skin conditions such as Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dermatitis.
It functions by inhibiting the activity of substances in the body that induce skin irritation.
It decreases the scaly, itchy patches that may form on the elbows, knees, scalp, and other areas of the body when treating Psoriasis.
Treating Eczema and Dermatitis lowers the redness, rash, discomfort, and itching caused by an irritant's response to the skin.
As a result, your self-esteem and confidence increase as your look improves.
Always use the lotion as directed, and never apply more than the authorized amount.
Continue taking it for as long as suggested to receive the maximum advantages.
The medication is safe and effective when administered appropriately.
How does Desowen lotion 0.05% (30 ml) work
Desowen Lotion 30 ml is a member of the Corticosteroid medication class.
Desowen Lotion inhibits the synthesis of the body's allergen- and inflammation-causing chemical compounds (swelling and redness).
Consequently, the lotion aids in the treatment of redness, itching, irritation, and inflammation.
Directions to use
Desowen Lotion is intended for external use only and should be used as prescribed by a physician:
- Typically, you should cleanse and dry the afflicted region before administering a thin coating of medication
- You should always use the lotion as directed and apply only the amount specified
- Continue taking it for as long as suggested to receive the maximum advantages
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- In the case of accidental contact, thoroughly rinse it with water
- Unless recommended by a physician, avoid covering the affected area with airtight coverings such as bandages
This lotion also comes in the form of Desowen cream. You can use it only on the advice of the doctor.
When used as directed, it is an effective treatment. However, a few patients may face the following:
- Stinging sensation
- Burning sensation
Most side effects do not necessitate medical attention and subside as the body adjusts to the medication.
Consult your physician if they persist or if they cause you concern.
Desowen lotion may interact with other medicines or foods you eat.
You should not use it when you are suffering from particular diseases.
Hence, you should open up with your doctor about your medical history or any medicines you are currently taking.
Desowen Lotion 30 ml may interact with the following:
- Antidiabetic pills (Metformin)
- Corticosteroids (Hydrocortisone)
- Immunosuppressants (Cyclosporine)
Inform your doctor if you have the following:
- Skin infections
- Hyperadrenocorticism (high levels of cortisol)
- Adrenaline hormone problems (Cushing's syndrome)
Keep the following things in mind while using Desowen lotion:
- Do not take it more frequently or for longer than prescribed
- Covering the treated region with airtight coverings, such as bandages, without a doctor's approval may raise the chance of adverse consequences
- If you suspect that the region of skin you are treating has become contaminated, you should immediately discontinue the use of Desowen Lotion and visit a physician
- If your skin condition has not improved after four weeks of therapy, consult your physician. Please do not use it for longer than four weeks in a row
- Breastfeeding and pregnant women must consult their physician before taking this medicine
Place in a cool, dry location out of direct sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Desowen lotion used for?
Desowen lotion treats several skin problems (such as Eczema, Dermatitis, allergies, and rash).
Desonide lowers the edema, itching, and redness associated with these disorders.
Is DesOwen lotion Safe for Babies?
The safety and effectiveness of the foam and gel formulations in babies less than three months is yet a grey area.
Desonide topical cream, lotion, and ointment have not been evaluated for safety and effectiveness in children; thus, we do not advise its usage.
Does Desonide help with dark spots?
Desonide decreases inflammation to alleviate redness, swelling, itching, and other discomforts.
Desonide has been shown to reduce post-inflammatory diseases such as Melasma, hyperpigmentation, and other dark spots.
Is DesOwen a steroid?
Yes, Desonide 0.05% is a low-potency Corticosteroid. It is safe and efficient for treating mild to moderate Dermatoses in patients.
How do you apply Desonide lotion?
Clean the affected area and then apply Desonide lotion in a thin layer. Use the lotion for as long as directed by your doctor.