Theo Asthalin Forte 4mg
About Theo Asthalin Forte 4mg
Doctors recommend this medicine for patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD) and Asthma.
The main salts in it are Salbutamol and Theophylline.
This medicine manages symptoms like wheezing, shortness of breath, and tightness in the chest or pain.
Cipla Ltd manufactures Theo Asthalin Forte 4mg.
Buy Theo Asthalin Forte 4mg online from the most trusted online pharmacy, WowRxPharmacy.
Doctors use it for the treatment of Asthma and COPD.
In Asthma, also called Bronchial Asthma, air cannot freely flow through the airways as they constrict, causing airflow blockage.
The body also creates more mucus which causes airflow obstruction.
Its symptoms include difficulty breathing, wheezing, and coughing.
It is a chronic condition, meaning it cannot be treated. However, you can manage it with medication.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
It is also a chronic disease. COPD is a lung disease that obstructs airflow in the lungs.
The symptoms of COPD include wheezing, coughing, and excessive mucus production.
Theo Asthalin Forte manages and treats both these problems.
This tablet is a combination of two active ingredients, Salbutamol and Theophylline.
These components work by relaxing the muscles of the lung airways, thus widening the air passage in the lungs.
Theophylline also works by reducing lung inflammation, hence reducing swelling and the feeling of chest tightness.
Patients can breathe more easily after consuming this medicine.
How to use it
You should always observe the following when using this medicine:
- Swallow this medicine as a whole
- Do not cut, chew or crush the medicine
- Always take this medicine on an empty stomach
You should never double the next dose in case of a missed dose. If you remember the skipped dose before it is time for your next dose, take it. Otherwise, skip it.
You should immediately contact your doctor or the local medical emergency services in case of an overdose.
This medicine is also available as Theo Asthalin 2mg+100mg.
Your body may react to it, but the side effects will disappear as it adjusts to this medicine.
Some of these side effects include:
- Difficulty in urination
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeats)
- Respiratory tract inflammation
- Respiratory tract infection
Though Theo Asthalin Forte is safe to use, there are certain medicines or foods it may interact with to produce side effects.
Below is a list of drugs/diseases/foods it may interact with.
If you take any of the medications listed below, you should inform your doctor immediately.
These are the following drugs it may interact with to produce side effects:
- Non-selective Beta blocking drugs (Propranolol)
- Muscle relaxant (Pancuronium Bromide)
- Seizure drugs (Phenytoin)
- Antidepressant (Clomipramine)
- Blood clot drugs (Ticlopidine)
If you have any health conditions given below, you should inform your doctor before you start taking this medicine.
- Gastric or peptic ulcer
- Liver disease
- Heart problems
- Thyroid disorders
- Seizure problems
Avoid consuming the following when on this medication:
- Alcohol may cause dizziness if taken with this medicine
- Products high in caffeine, such as chocolate, coffee, tea, and cocoa
These are the precautions you must observe while taking this medicine:
- You should try to take it at the same time every day, preferably after having your meal in the evening
- You cannot use it to relieve sudden breathing problems. You should always use a rescue inhaler for it
- Your doctor might keep a check on the Potassium levels in your blood and inform the doctor immediately if you notice an irregular heartbeat, muscle twitching, or weakness
- You should consult your doctor before you stop this medicine, even if you feel like your symptoms are gone
You should store this medicine in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Theo-Asthalin Forte a Steroid?
No, Theophylline is not a Steroid.
It is a Methylxanthine drug.
It is also a Bronchodilator, which relaxes the air passage walls and thus helps the patient breathe better.
Who should not take the Asthalin tablet?
Before starting this medication, you should approach your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. You should also let your doctor know if you suffer from any of the following conditions:
- Liver disease, especially Cirrhosis or Hepatitis
- Fluid in your lungs
- Heart problems
- Thyroid disorder
- Kidney disease
Can I take an Asthalin tablet every day?
You should use this medicine regularly every day for maximum effect.
Is Asthalin an Antibiotic?
No, Asthalin is not an antibiotic. It is a Bronchodilator.
How long does Asthalin take to work?
It takes about 15 minutes for Theo Asthalin Forte to start working, and its effects last about 14 hours.