Foracort Inhaler 6/400 mcg (120 mdi)
About Foracort Inhaler 6/400 mcg (120 mdi)
Foracort Inhaler is a medicine that helps people who have trouble breathing because of Asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Its primary salts that are FDA-approved are Budesonide 400 mg and Formoterol Fumarate.
Cipla Ltd. is the manufacturer of Foracort Inhaler (6/400) mcg.
Foracort Inhaler 6/400 mcg comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for Asthma or COPD.
Foracort Inhaler 400 is used for:
Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Foracort 400 keeps the airways in your lungs open so that you can breathe.
It relaxes the muscles in these airways. So, it's easier for air to come in and go out.
It will help relieve symptoms like shortness of breath, tightness in the chest, wheezing, and coughing, making it easier for you to go about your daily life.
This medicine is safe and works well. It usually starts to work within a few minutes, and the effects can last several hours.
If your doctor doesn't tell you to, you should stop taking it.
The following are the active ingredients in the Foracort Inhaler (6/400) mcg:
Budesonide is a Corticosteroid that reduces inflammation and itching by stopping the release of substances that cause inflammation.
Formoterol Fumarate is a Bronchodilator that works for a long time. It makes breathing easier by relaxing the muscles in the airways.
The inhaler keeps your lungs' airways open. This, in turn, makes it easier for air to get in and out.
It will help relieve symptoms like tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing.
It usually starts working in a few minutes and can last for a few hours.
How to use
People are told to take Foracort Inhaler 400 at the same time daily with food to keep their stomachs from getting upset.
The inhaler is not safe for women who are pregnant or who are nursing.
Most of the time, a doctor will tell a person to take two puffs of the Foracort Inhaler four times a day.
But it would help if you did what your doctor instructed about the dose intake.
Here are a few tips to remember before you start this medication:
- Before you use the Foracort Inhaler 400, you should shake it well
- Press the inhaler once to release the medicine, breathe in through your mouth, and hold your breath for 10 seconds
- You must keep taking deep breaths until you've taken the number of puffs your doctor told you to
- To avoid getting an infection in your mouth, properly rinse it with water and spit it out
Take your next dose at the same time you usually do.
Don't take this medicine more often or more puffs than your doctor prescribed.
Contact your doctor immediately if you take an extra dose of Foracort Inhaler 400.
Foracort Inhaler is also available in the strengths of
- Foracort Inhaler 6/200 mcg (120 mdi)
- Foracort Rotacaps 100 mcg 6 mcg
- Foracort Rotacaps 200 mcg 6 mcg
- Foracort Rotacaps 400 mcg 6 mcg
- Foracort Forte Inhaler 12/400 mcg (120 mdi)
- Foracort Forte Rotacaps 12mcg+400mcg
Similar to the other medicines, Foracort Inhaler 400 can cause mild side effects in some cases, which include,
- Pain or Burn during Urination
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate might interact with other medications and diseases. Hence, inform your doctor before using the inhaler.
Budesonide and Formoterol can interact with the following drugs:
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Receptor Blocking Agents
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
Following are the disease that is known to interact with Budesonide and Formoterol:
- Cardiovascular Disease
Following are the points you should keep in mind while taking Foracort Inhaler 400:
- If you have an allergy to Budesonide or Formoterol Fumarate, you should not use the inhaler
- Please don't use the inhaler near a flame or other heat source because it could blow up if it gets too hot
- Foracort is not an inhaler for emergencies
- Use a tissue or cotton cloth without fibers to clean the inhaler's mouthpiece every time you use it
- After using the inhaler, you must put a cap on it to cover the mouthpiece
Store the Foracort Inhaler 400 at a cool temperature in a dark and dry place. Do not freeze it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Foracort 400 inhaler used for?
It helps with asthma and COPD's long-term symptoms, making breathing easier.
It works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) and relaxing the muscles in the airways.
How long should I take Foracort?
You should keep using the Foracort inhaler for as long as your doctor says.
Foracort is used to keep asthma under control, so you must take it exactly as your doctor tells you to.
Is Foracort 400 safe in pregnancy?
Pregnant women shouldn't take this medicine unless their doctor tells them to after weighing the need and the risk.