Combivent 20 mcg 100 mcg (200 doses)
About Combivent Respimat 20 100 mcg
Combivent Respimat 20 100 mcg is prescribed for individuals with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) who continue to have Bronchospasms (airway constriction).
Combivent has two main ingredients, Ipratropium bromide, and Albuterol.
The combination of Ipratropium bromide and Albuterol is recommended for people who require a second Bronchodilator.
Combivent relaxes airway muscles to increase the airflow in the lungs.
Order Combivent Respimat 20/100 mcg from the comfort of your home.
Buy all your medicines from the most reliable online pharmacy WowRXPhrmacy.
Combivent Respimat 20-100 mcg Uses
Albuterol and Ipratropium inhalation prevents Bronchospasms in patients with COPD who also take additional medications to manage their condition.
COPD obstructs lung airflow. Breathing problems, coughing, mucus production, and wheezing are symptoms.
Long-term exposure to irritating gases or particles, usually cigarette smoke, causes it.
COPD increases the risk of heart disease, lung cancer, and other diseases.
It can also cause Bronchospasms when your airways are irritated or swollen.
Combivent Respimat 20-100 mcg helps the muscles in your airways to relax and allow airflow toward your lungs.
How does Combivent Respimat work
Combivent Respimat 20/100 mcg contains two main ingredients Ipratropium bromide and Albuterol.
Ipratropium is a bronchodilator medication used to treat and prevent symptoms of respiratory diseases such as COPD, Asthma, and Rhinorrhea.
Albuterol is a Short-Acting Beta-Agonist.
Together they help relax and open up the airways in your lungs to make breathing easier.
Combivent Respimat 20/100 mcg comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for Bronchospasms.
Your doctor decides the dose and duration.
Generally, Combivent Respimat is recommended to be used 4 times a day.
Do not increase the inhalation more than 6 times a day.
If Combivent becomes less effective, your symptoms worsen, or you need to use it more frequently, check with your doctor.
Do not increase the dose, as it may be fatal.
How to use Combivent Respimat
Before you begin using Combivent Respimat 20 100 mcg, you should read the instructions for use enclosed with your prescription each time you get a refill.
Here are the instructions for using Combivent daily:
- To avoid accidental dose release, keep the Respimat Inhaler upright with the orange cap closed
- Turn the clear base until it clicks in the white arrow direction on the label (half a turn)
- Rotate the orange cap until it snaps completely open
- Exhale slowly and thoroughly without covering the air vents. Close your lips around the end of the mouthpiece
- Inhale the Combivent Respimat Inhaler into the back of your throat
- Press the dose-release button while taking a deep, slow breath through your mouth, and continue to breathe in or as long as you can slowly
- For 10 seconds, hold your breath or as long as you are comfortable doing so
- Close the orange cap until you're ready to use your inhaler again
- If you last used the inhaler 3 days ago, spray 1 puff toward the ground to ready the inhaler for use.
If you miss a Combivent Respimat 20 100 mcg dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take it if the next scheduled dose is up.
Do not double your dose to make up for the missed inhaler dose.
If you take too much Combivent, immediately contact an emergency health care provider or local Poison Control Center.
An overdose is unlikely if a healthcare provider administers Combivent in a medical setting.
If an overdose is suspected, seek immediate medical attention.
Strengths and Substitutes
There are many treatments available for COPD. Check with your physician before taking any medicine.
Depending on the severity and your health, your doctor may prescribe alternatives such as:
- Foracort Forte Inhaler 12/400 mcg (120 mdi)
- Seretide Diskus 100 mcg / 50 mcg
- Budecort Rotacaps 400 mcg
- Budesal Respules 0.5mg / 2.5 ml
- Seroflo Rotacaps 50mcg 500mcg
- Theo Asthalin Forte 4mg
- Tiova Inhaler 9 mcg (200 mdi)
The side effects may improve as you adjust to the medicine.
If you continue to have the symptoms or if they worsen, contact your doctor right away.
Here are some side effects of Combivent Respimat 20-100 mcg with Ipratropium bromide and Albuterol:
- Common cold
- Upper respiratory infection
- Dyspnea or difficulty breathing
- Dry mouth
- Body weakness
- Eye pain
- Chest discomfort
- Flu-like symptoms
- Racing heart
Combivent Respimat 20/100 mcg may interact differently depending on the individual.
Before starting any new medication, discuss possible interactions with your doctor.
Here are some of the medicines that can interact with Combivent:
Check with your doctor before taking this medication for treating Bronchospasms if you have the following health conditions:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Liver issues
- Anticholinergic effects
- Renal dysfunction
This list contains only some interactions. Talk to your doctor about all the possible interactions.
Remember the following while undergoing Combivent Respimat 20 100 mcg:
- Inform your doctor before starting treatment if you are breastfeeding or pregnant
- Do not use the Combivent inhaler if you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- Combivent Respimat (Ipratropium/Albuterol) lowers blood potassium
- If you experience fatigue, weakness, muscle cramps, a racing heart, and "pins and needles" in your hands and feet, inform your doctor immediately
- Combivent inhalers can exacerbate life-threatening Paradoxical Bronchospasm. If this happens, stop taking Respimat and get medical help
- Avoid getting the medication in your eye as it can increase the risk of Glaucoma
- Combivent Respimat 20 100 mcg causes dizziness and blurred vision. If you have these symptoms, don't drive or operate machines
Store the medicine in a cool, dry place.
Keep Combivent Respimat 20-100 mcg away from children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many doses are in Combivent?
Combivent Respimat 20 100 mcg contains 120 puffs (120 doses) or 60 puffs (60 doses) if you use it as directed (1 puff / four times a day)
How many times a day can you use Combivent?
Combivent Respimat 20-100 mcg should be used per your doctor's instructions.
Generally, it is recommended 4 times a day, every 4-6 hours. Do not exceed the prescribed dosage.
Is Combivent used for COPD?
Combivent Respimat 20/100 mcg is used to treat Bronchospasms in people with COPD who are also taking other medications.
It is a combination of Ipratropium bromide and Albuterol.