Aerocort Inhaler 50mcg 50mcg (200 mdi)
About Aerocort Inhaler 50mcg 50mcg (200 mdi)
Aerocort Inhaler is a combination medicine that treats Asthma.
Asthma is a respiratory condition that makes it hard to breathe.
It is caused by airways that become inflamed, swollen, and full of mucus.
Some of the signs of Asthma are trouble breathing, wheezing, and coughing.
Aerocort Inhaler has Beclomethasone (Corticosteroids) and Levosalbutamol (Bronchodilators).
Cipla Ltd. manufactures the medicine.
You can get it at your doorstep quickly from WowRxPharmacy.
Aerocort Inhaler 50mcg/50mcg has garnered highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for Asthma.
Aerocort facilitates easier breathing by expanding airways alleviating symptoms like chest tightness, night cough, shortness of breath, cyanosis, wheezing, and coughing.
In the long term, regular exercise and yoga can improve Asthma symptoms and overall health.
How does Aerocort Inhaler work
Aerocort is a combination of Beclomethasone and Levosalbutamol.
It is an effective treatment for Asthma.
Beclomethasone is a steroid that inhibits and suppresses pro- and anti-inflammatory mediators and cells.
Levosalbutamol is a Beta-agonist with a brief duration of action that relaxes the smooth muscle cells of the airways, hence facilitating the free passage of air.
Thus, Aerocort Inhaler is an effective treatment for Asthma-related breathing difficulties, inflammation, and Edema.
Check the label for use instructions before use.
General instructions for the proper use of the inhaler:
- Hold the inhaler upright and place the mouthpiece between the teeth in your mouth. Avoid biting it
- Press the top of the inhaler to expel a puff of air while breathing in through your mouth. Hold your breath now
- Gently remove the inhaler and hold your breath for as long as it is comfortable
- Exhale gently
- Repeat until you've breathed the number of puffs prescribed by your physician
- Then, properly rinse your mouth with water and spit it out
- After usage, replace the mouthpiece's cover to prevent dust or debris from accumulating
If you forget a dose of Aerocort, take it once you recall.
Yet, if your next scheduled dose is imminent, skip the missed one and resume your regular dosing schedule.
Maintain the same dosage.
Strengths and Substitutes
Aerocort Inhaleris also available in the following strengths:
Side effects of Aerocort Inhaler
Like any other medicine, an Aerocort inhaler may cause side effects.
While most of them are temporary, you should consult your doctor if they linger or cause you to worry.
Common side effects of Aerocort inhaler are:
- Hoarseness of voice
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the airways)
- Dryness in mouth
- Application site irritation
- Gastrointestinal motility disorder
- Throat irritation
Medications may interact with other drugs and foods or exacerbate a condition/disease.
To avoid drug interactions, you should discuss your medical history and current medications with your doctor.
Aerocort Inhaler may interact with:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- Digitalis Glycoside (Digoxin)
- Anti-viral (Cobicistat)
Inform your doctor if you have the following:
- Any gastric issues such as lactose intolerance and IBD
- Thyroid problems
- Circulation disorders
- Lung infections
- Low levels of Potassium
Do not consume alcohol while using an Aerocort inhaler.
Keep the following things in mind while using Aerocort Rotacaps:
- This medication is exclusively for inhalation. You should not ingest it
- Take the initial dose of this medication under medical supervision, as it may quickly cause wheezing or constriction of the airways (Bronchospasm)
- It does not function immediately and should not be used for unexpected breathing difficulties
- A dry mouth is a possible side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, proper dental hygiene, an increase in water consumption, and sugar-free candies can be beneficial
- Use your rescue inhaler to alleviate abrupt breathing difficulties
- After each inhalation, gargle with warm water to prevent fungal infections in the mouth and throat
Keep the medicine in a cool and dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Aerocort inhaler used for?
Aerocort Inhaler is prescribed to treat Asthma (wheezing and shortness of breath).
It relaxes the muscles of the airways, making breathing easier.
How many times can I use Aerocort?
Aerocort inhalers should be used according to the dosage and duration prescribed by a physician.
Use it daily around the same time to make it easier to remember.
Is Aerocort a rescue inhaler?
Some patients will need a second Levosalbutamol inhaler for the treatment of Acute Bronchospasm, as an Aerocort Inhaler is not recommended for use in acute episodes but rather for routine long-term therapy.
What happens if I use my inhaler too much?
If you overuse your inhaler, you may accelerate your heartbeat and tremble.
It can make Asthma symptoms worse.
Is Aerocort and Foracort are same?
No, they are different brands. However, Aerocort can be used if Foracort is unavailable.
Can Aerocort metered-dose inhaler be used to treat allergies?
Yes, Aerocort metered-dose inhaler containing Levosalbutamol and Beclometasone is primarily used to treat respiratory conditions like Asthma. While it may alleviate allergy symptoms related to respiratory issues, consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice on allergy treatment.
Are there any medications which should be avoided while taking Aerocort Inhaler?
If you currently use anticholinergic, beta-adrenergic agents, beta-blockers, diuretics, digoxin, MAO inhibitors, or antidepressants, refrain from using Aerocort Inhaler.