Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 ml
About Augmentin dry syrup 30ml
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30ml is a medication that helps fight bacterial infections.
It's a combination of two active ingredients, Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium.
These ingredients work together to stop the growth of harmful bacteria in the body.
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd is the manufacturer of Augmentin.
It is easily available at affordable prices at WowRxPharmacy.
Uses of Augmentin dry syrup
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30ml is a medication prescribed by doctors to treat various bacterial infections.
Here are some common uses:
- Sinus infections: Augmentin can clear up sinus infections, relieving congestion and discomfort
- Urinary Tract Infections: If you have a UTI, Augmentin can help eliminate the bacteria causing it
- Skin infections: Skin conditions like Cellulitis or Impetigo can be treated with Augmentin
- Dental infections: Dentists sometimes prescribe Augmentin to combat oral infections
- Respiratory tract infections: Augmentin can help treat infections in the respiratory system, such as Bronchitis and Pneumonia
- Ear infections: It is effective against ear infections, which can be quite painful, especially in children
- Other bacterial infections: Your doctor may recommend Augmentin for various other bacterial infections, depending on the specific bacteria causing the illness
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30ml contains two active ingredients: Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium.
This is an antibiotic that fights bacterial infections.
It works by interfering with the bacteria's ability to build their cell walls, weakening and eventually killing them
This compound enhances the effectiveness of Amoxicillin.
It inhibits enzymes produced by certain bacteria that can destroy Amoxicillin, allowing it to work more effectively against a broader range of bacteria
Together, these ingredients combat a wide variety of bacterial infections, helping your body's immune system overcome the infection and restore health.
The dosage of Augmentin dry syrup depends on your age, weight, and the severity of your infection.
Your doctor will prescribe the right amount for you.
Follow their instructions carefully and consult them before changing the dosage.
How to take
Augmentin dry syrup is usually taken orally (by mouth).
Use the provided measuring cup to ensure you get the correct dose.
You have the flexibility to consume it with or without food.
If it causes stomach discomfort, consider taking it alongside a meal.
It's essential to complete the prescribed course to ensure all bacteria are eliminated.
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember.
But if it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed one.
Do not double up on doses to make up for a missed one.
Taking too much Augmentin can lead to serious side effects.
If you suspect an overdose of this medication, seeking immediate medical attention is crucial.
Symptoms may include vomiting, confusion, and severe stomach pain.
Augmentin is available in various strengths and forms.
Other strengths are available to accommodate different infection severities, including:
There are several generic versions and alternative antibiotics that your healthcare provider may prescribe if Augmentin is not suitable for you.
Some of these substitutes are:
Augmentin dry syrup 30ml may cause some side effects, although not everyone will experience them.
Here are some possible side effects:
Common side effects
Some common side effects include:
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
Less common side effects
Some less common side effects include:
- Trouble sleeping
- Taste changes
Serious side effects
Some serious side effects include:
- Allergic reactions
- Severe diarrhea
- Yellowing of skin or eyes (Jaundice)
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Severe skin reactions
- Difficulty breathing or wheezing
These lists are not exhaustive, and some side effects may be rare.
If you experience any unusual or severe symptoms while taking Augmentin dry syrup, consult your healthcare provider promptly.
Interactions of Augmentin may include:
Augmentin can interact with 66 drugs, including pain relievers like Ibuprofen and certain vitamins.
Some of them include:
- Anticoagulants (like Warfarin)
- Flonase (fluticasone nasal)
There are 7 diseases that can interact with Augmentin.
Some of them include:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
Some of the precautions to take while using Augmentin include:
- Finish the entire course: Even if you start feeling better, complete the full course of antibiotics to ensure the infection is completely gone
- Allergic reactions: If you have allergies to Penicillin or Cephalosporin antibiotics, inform your doctor
- Alcohol: Avoid excessive alcohol consumption while taking Augmentin, as it may increase the risk of side effects
- Birth control: Augmentin may reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills. Consider using additional contraception methods
- Inform your doctor: Let your healthcare provider know if you're pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding
Store Augmentin dry syrup in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and out of the reach of children.
Check the expiry date, and do not use it if it has expired.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Augmentin dry syrup used for?
Augmentin dry syrup is used to treat various bacterial infections. It contains two antibiotics, Amoxicillin, and Clavulanic acid, which work together to fight bacteria. It can help with infections of the respiratory, ear, urinary tract, and skin. Always use it as prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Augmentin if I'm pregnant?
Augmentin may be considered during pregnancy, but it's essential to consult your doctor. They will assess potential risks and benefits to make the best decision for your health and your baby's well-being. Always inform your doctor if you're pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
What should I do if I experience severe diarrhea?
If you encounter severe diarrhea while taking Augmentin, it could be a sign of a more severe condition called Pseudomembranous Colitis. It's crucial to contact your healthcare provider promptly for evaluation and appropriate management.
Can I stop taking Augmentin if my symptoms improve?
No, it's important not to discontinue Augmentin prematurely, even if your symptoms improve. Finishing the entire prescribed antibiotic regimen is crucial to ensure the infection is completely eliminated and doesn't return with increased strength. Always follow your doctor's instructions.
Is Augmentin safe for children?
Yes, Augmentin is commonly prescribed to children, with the dosage adjusted based on their weight and age. It's crucial to carefully follow your pediatrician's guidance and the prescribed regimen to ensure safe and effective treatment for your child's condition.