About Demelan Cream
Demelan Cream is an effective pigment-reducing medication with the clinical benefits of three active ingredients: Alpha-arbutin, Kojic acid and Glycolic acid.
It is an effective treatment for discoloration, acne, pimples, and dark spots and ensures healthy skin.
The active ingredient in the cream, Alpha-arbutin and Kojic acid, help to reduce Hyperpigmentation.
On the other hand, Glycolic acid works to renew cells.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd manufactures it.
The Demelan cream contains three active ingredients which collaborate to ensure clear skin. These three ingredients include
It is a naturally occurring antioxidant derived from the Bearberry plant.
It significantly reduces Melanin formation in the body. Melanin is a substance in the body that is responsible for skin darkening.
Hence, Alpha-arbutin is also known as a naturally occurring skin brightener.
Kojic acid is a chemical compound produced by different Fungi. It also acts to reduce Melanin formation and promotes a lighter complexion.
It also reduces skin conditions, such as sun damage, scars, and age spots.
Glycolic acid is an alpha-Hydroxy acid that is derived from sugarcane. It gets absorbed in the skin and promotes cell turnover.
Demelan Cream comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for Hyperpigmentation, and other skin color problems.
Demelan Cream treats skin pigmentation, Hyperpigmentation, and other skin color problems.
It helps in the following ways,
- Treating Hyperpigmentation
- Lightening the dark patches due to sun exposure
- Reducing the facial scars due to pimples and Eczema
- Helping in lightening pregnancy marks
- Reducing the appearance of light or dark brown patches, spots or marks that may be formed on the face as a result of hormonal treatment
- It helps the skin look healthy and radiant
Working of Demelan cream
Demelan cream reduces dark skin discoloration and improves skin texture and pigment.
It primarily reduces Melanin formation and improves the appearance of age spots, freckles, Melasma, and post-inflammatory pigmentation.
The three ingredients in the cream work individually to treat the darkening of the skin.
- Alpha arbutin efficiently lightens and lowers UV-induced pigmentation and free radicals without increasing sun sensitivity.
It balances skin tone by addressing discoloration caused by inflammation and environmental stresses.
It also treats glycation, sugar-induced skin sallowness, and elasticity loss.
- On the other hand, Kojic acid blocks Tyrosine production, eventually preventing Melanin production.
Reduced Melanin production may have a lightening effect on the skin.
- Glycolic acid breaks the bonds between the outer layer of skin cells, including dead skin cells, and the next skin cell layer.
It creates a peeling effect that can make the skin appear smoother and more even.
Direction to use
Demelan cream can be used with your regular skincare regime.
Apply a small amount of the skin-lightening cream to the affected areas after the cleansing routine.
You may stop using the cream once the discolored area returns to the same shade.
Demelan cream is a safe medication and usually does not cause any reactions.
If you experience any reactions like redness and itching on the skin surface, irritation, and burning, please consult your doctor immediately.
The skin lightening cream contains all-natural ingredients. Hence, it is a safe medication.
But you should follow the following precautions while using it.
- Demelan Cream is not recommended for people under the age of 18 or pregnant and breastfeeding women without a prescription from a doctor
- Use this cream precisely as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not use it for a longer duration unless prescribed by your dermatologist
- Avoid going out in the sun immediately after applying the cream
- Inform the doctor about all other topical medicines you use
Keep the cream at room temperature and away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many days does Demelan cream take to work?
It usually takes around 6 to 8 weeks for Demelan cream to show evident results.
Can I use Demelan daily?
Yes, it is safe to use Demelan cream daily, but for the recommended duration only. Follow your physician’s instructions to avoid any side effects.
Can I apply Demelan on my face?
Yes, it is safe to use Demelan on the face. It effectively treats acne scars and pimples on the skin.
Does Demelan Cream really work?
Demelan cream is a depigmentation agent to achieve skin lightening and is typically prescribed to individuals with dark skin or those experiencing pigmentation disorders. Users may experience side effects such as dry skin, irritation, itching, or a frequent burning sensation.
Can I leave Demelan cream overnight?
Certainly, you can apply vitamin C serum in the daytime and use Demelan cream at night on your acne-affected areas and pigmented regions. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant, offering protection against environmental damage while promoting skin brightness and enhancing texture and tone.