About Susten 200mg
Susten 200 Tablet is a pill that helps women who can't get their periods.
It is a natural female hormone that helps control ovulation and the menstrual cycle. Ovulation is when a woman's ovary releases an egg. It can help you get pregnant and treat infertility.
The primary substance present in the medicine is Progesterone.
Sun Pharmaceutical is the manufacturer of Susten.
Susten 200 mg comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for helping women with their menstrual cycle.
Women who have gone through menopause take Susten 200 tablets and Estrogen replacement therapy. They stop the Estrogen from causing Endometrium Hyperplasia when the lining of the uterus gets thicker.
Susten 200 treats women who haven't reached menopause but aren't having periods because their bodies don't have enough Progesterone.
Hormone replacement therapy
Menopause is when a woman breaks off her period. It's a natural part of getting older.
Before and during menopause, the levels of hormones in women can go up and down. This can make the genital area dry and cause hot flashes.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), also called menopausal hormone therapy, can help some women feel better when they have these symptoms. HRT could also help stop Osteoporosis from happening.
Treatment of Female infertility
Female infertility is when a woman has tried for a year to get pregnant but hasn't been able to.
If a woman loses her babies often, this can also lead to a cause of not being able to conceive. Working
Susten 200 is a female hormone. It helps start and keep a pregnancy going.
It also stops the Endometrium (the lining of the uterus) from getting thicker, which is what Estrogen does.
How to use it?
Following are the points you should keep in mind while using Susten 200:
- Use Susten 200 just as your doctor recommends. Follow all of the directions on the label of your medicine. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or longer than recommended
- Drink a full glass of water with the capsule. Because this medicine can make you feel dizzy or sleepy, it is best to take it at night
- Susten 200 is sometimes only used for a short time, like 10 to 12 days, each time a woman has her period. Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about how much to take
- While using Susten 200, you should get regular physical exams and check your breasts for lumps once a month
Take your missed dose the moment you remember. Don't take the dose you missed if it's almost time for the next one.
Don't take an extra dose of the medicine.
Get help from a doctor immediately if you face any problem for a longer duration.
Susten is also available in the strengths of Susten 100mg and in the form of injections like Susten 100 mg/1 ml and Susten 200mg/2ml.
Inform your doctor of any side effects that bother you or do not disappear.
Some common side effects that can occur:
- Changes in menstrual bleeding, e.g., irregular bleeding or sometimes stopping of bleeding
- Mood changes, including depression
- Decreased sex drive
- Breast tenderness
- Weight gain
- Rash or hives
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Vaginal irritation
- Vaginal dryness
- Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the legs)
- Myocardial infarction
- Pulmonary embolism
- Breast cancer
Susten 200 is safe, but there are chances that it can interact with other drugs and diseases to show side effects.
Progesterone can interact with a lot of other drugs. This includes medicines you get from a doctor or buy over the counter, vitamins, and herbal products.
Some of them are:
- Adderall (Amphetamine/Dextroamphetamine)
- Armour Thyroid (Thyroid desiccated)
- Benadryl (Diphenhydramine)
- CoQ10 (Ubiquinone)
- Cymbalta (Duloxetine)
- DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone)
- Estradiol Patch (Estradiol)
Following are the diseases that are known to interact with Progesterone:
- Breast malignancy
- Liver disease
- Fluid retention
- Glucose intolerance
- Retinal thrombosis
- Thyroid function tests
Progesterone may not be more effective if taken with grapefruit juice.
It would be good if you also avoid alcohol while you are on this medication.
Following are the precautions which are supposed to be followed:
- If a person has problems with their liver or kidneys, even if they are being treated with dialysis, or if they have a mental disorder like depression, they shouldn't take this drug. Before taking this drug, you should inform your doctor about your past health
- Before taking this medicine, the patient should tell their doctor if they have had heart disease or heart failure in the last six months
- Patients with brain bleeding, a stroke, a heart attack, or other severe problems with their blood vessels should not take this drug. Talk to your doctor before you take this medicine
- People with Asthma, Diabetes, migraines, or Epilepsy shouldn't take this medicine. You should inform your medical practitioner if you have these issues
- Women who have had breast nodules, an abnormal breast x-ray or mammogram, fibrocystic disease of the breast, or menstrual cycles that come and go or don't come at all shouldn't take this drug. Talk to your doctor before you take this medicine
- This drug is not a good choice for women with cancer
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Susten 200 used for?
Susten 200 treats many different health problems. It is for women who haven't had their period in a while.
Does Susten stop bleeding in pregnancy?
This medicine treats vaginal bleeding that is not caused by pregnancy or a miscarriage but is due to changes in hormone levels.
Does Susten 200 make you sleepy?
Susten 200 could make you less alert, change the way you see, or make you sleepy or dizzy. If any of these things happen, don't drive.