susten 100 mg/1 ml
About Susten 100 mg/1 ml
Susten 100 Injection is given to women to get their menstrual cycle back on track.
Progesterone is a hormone that is present in this medicine.
It is a natural female hormone that helps control ovulation and her period. It is used to help people who can't get pregnant get pregnant.
Susten 100 Injection should be taken the way your doctor instructs you. A doctor or nurse gives it; you shouldn't give it yourself at home.
Sun Pharmaceutical is the manufacturer of Susten.
Susten 100 mg/1 ml comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for helping women with their menstrual cycle.
The following are the uses of Susten 100 Injection:
Hormone replacement therapy
Menopause means, when a woman stops having her periods. It's a natural part of getting older. Before and during menopause, the levels of hormones in women can go up and down. This can make the genital area dry and cause hot flashes.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), also called menopausal hormone therapy, can help some women feel better when they have these symptoms. HRT could also help stop osteoporosis from happening.
Treatment of Female infertility
Female infertility is when a woman has tried for a year to get pregnant but hasn't been able to. Miscarriages, is one reason for not being able to conceive.
The Progesterone in Susten 100 Injection is called (the female hormone). It works on the lining of the uterus and helps women who can't get pregnant get pregnant and keep the pregnancy going.
When used to treat postmenopausal symptoms, it helps protect the uterus from the adverse effects of Oestrogen.
How to use it
Following are the points you should keep in mind while using Susten 100 Injection:
- Follow your medical practitioner's instructions about how to use Susten 100 Injection
- Follow all of the instructions on the medicine label. Do not take this injection in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended
- When a woman has her period, she may only use Progesterone for a short time, like 10 to 12 days. Pay close attention to what your doctor tells you about how much to take
- While taking Susten 100 Injections, you should get regular physical exams and keep checking your breasts for lumps once a month
As soon as you remember, take the dose you forgot. If it's almost time for your upcoming dose, don't take the one you missed.
Don't take more medicine than you should make up for a missed dose.
Get help from a doctor right away.
Susten is also available in the strengths of Susten 100 mg, Susten 200 mg, and Susten 200mg/2ml (injection).
Inform your doctor of any side effects that bother you or disappear.
Some common side effects that can occur:
- Changes in menstrual bleeding, e.g., irregular bleeding or sometimes stopping of bleeding
- Mood changes, including depression
- Decreased sex drive
- Breast tenderness
- Weight gain
- Rash or hives
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Vaginal irritation
- Vaginal dryness
- Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the legs)
- Myocardial infarction
- Pulmonary embolism
- Breast cancer
Progesterone is safe, but there are chances that it can interact with other drugs and diseases to show side effects.
Susten 100 Injection can interact with a lot of other drugs. This includes medicines you get from a doctor or buy over the counter, vitamins, and herbal products.
Some of them are:
- Adderall (Amphetamine/Dextroamphetamine)
- Armour Thyroid (Thyroid Desiccated)
- Benadryl (Diphenhydramine)
- CoQ10 (Ubiquinone)
- Cymbalta (Duloxetine)
- DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone)
- Estradiol Patch (Estradiol)
Following are the disease that is known to interact with Progesterone:
- Breast malignancy
- Liver disease
- Fluid retention
- Glucose intolerance
- Retinal thrombosis
- Thyroid function tests
Progesterone may not be more effective if they are given with Grapefruit juice.
It would be good if you also avoid alcohol while you are on this medication.
Following are the precautions which are supposed to be followed:
- If a person has problems with their liver or kidneys, even if they are getting dialysis, or if they have a mental illness like depression, they shouldn't take this drug. Before taking this drug, you should discuss with your doctor about your health history
- Before taking this medicine, a person with heart disease or heart failure in the last six months should talk to their doctor about their health history
- Patients with bleeding in the brain, a stroke, a heart attack, or other severe problems with their blood vessels should not take this drug. Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine
- Patients with Asthma, Diabetes, Migraines, or Epilepsy shouldn't take this medicine. Tell your doctor if you have any of these conditions before you start taking this medicine
- This drug isn't suitable for women who have had breast nodules, fibrocystic disease of the breast, an abnormal breast x-ray or mammogram, or menstrual cycles that come and go or don't come at all.
Store Progesterone below 30°C.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Susten injection safe during pregnancy?
It is safe to use Susten 100 Injection while you are pregnant. Most studies have shown little or no risk to the baby's development.
When should I stop Susten injection during pregnancy?
It is safe to use Susten 100 MG Injection while you are pregnant. But you should consult your doctor before you take this medicine.
Susten 100 MG Injection can get into your breast milk. It is not known what effect this medicine has on babies. So, if you are breastfeeding, you should tell your doctor.
What is the purpose of Susten injection?
Susten 100 Injection is used for hormone replacement therapy and to treat infertility in women.