Tugain Solution 10 (60 ml)
About Tugain Solution 10 (60 ml)
Tugain solution 10% is a topical medication that is prescribed for the treatment of Male Pattern Baldness.
The main active ingredient in this medication is Minoxidil, which belongs to a class of drugs known as the Vasolidators.
Tugain 10% Solution 60 ml encourages hair growth while halting the balding process. It widens the blood arteries and increases blood flow to hair follicles, stimulating hair growth.
Tugain solution 10% is a prescription-based medication that has earned a lot of favorable reviews when it comes to treating hair loss.
Cipla Ltd manufactures Tugain Solution 10% (60 ml).
Uses of Tugain Solution 10 (60 ml)
Tugain 60ml is a topical solution that is used in the treatment of the following health condition:
Tugain 10% Solution is used to treat common genetic hair loss.
Hair loss in men occurs in a well-defined pattern on the top and front of the head, and hair thins, often progressing to partial or total baldness.
Tugain functions by boosting blood flow to your scalp's hair follicles, which both delays the death of hair cells and promote new hair creation.
It works best for scalp thinning or baldness at the top but less well for receding hairlines or frontal baldness.
How it works
Tugain 10% Solution 60 ml includes 'Minoxidil,' a vasodilator that dilates blood vessels and expands them.
This vasodilation process aids in delivering oxygen, blood, and nutrients to hair follicles, reducing hair cell loss and stimulating new hair growth.
This increased blood flow feeds and oxygenates the hair follicles, preventing hair cell death and promoting new hair growth.
The Tugain 60 ml solution dose can vary among patients depending upon the severity of the hair loss conditions.
However, ensure you take the topical solution's recommended dose.
How to take
Tugain solution 10% (60ml) should be taken as per the specific instructions given by your healthcare provider. Take the following steps to take the medication effectively:
- Before using Tugain 10% Solution 60ml, make sure your scalp and hair are totally dry
- Use the included applicator to spread the prescribed amount throughout the scalp, working outward from the area's center
- Avoid washing your hair with shampoo for 4 hours after applying Minoxidil 10% solution
- Hands should be washed promptly after using this solution
- Only use the 60ml of Tugain 10% Solution on your scalp. Do not get this medication in your eyes, nose, or mouth
- If by chance you get the medicine in your eyes, you should immediately wash your eyes with cold water
The missing dose of Tugain 10% Solution should be applied as soon as it is remembered. In case it is almost time for your next dose, you should skip the dose that you missed.
It would be best if you did not increase your dosage to make up for the missing one.
An overdose of Tugain 10% Solution is unlikely to result in serious side effects. However, ingesting this medicine may result in severe overdosing symptoms necessitating immediate medical attention.
Strengths and Substitutes
Minoxidil topical solution like Tugain 10% (60ml) is available in multiple strengths and substitutes. However, make sure you have a valid prescription before taking any hair loss treatment.
Some of the common substitutes that you can take for Alopecia are as follows:
- Hair4u 2%
- Hair4u 5%
- Hair4u 10%
Minoxidil 10% solution is a safe and effective medication for treating hair loss among men.
However, if the following side effects do occur after taking the topical lotion, then immediately reach out to a medical expert:
- Scalp irritation
- Redness of the scalp
- Burning, itching, or prickling of the scalp
- Swelling of feet or lower legs
- Eye irritation
- Increased hair growth on the face, arms, and back
Every individual will have a unique response to each drug's effects. Before beginning any new medication, you and your doctor need to review any potential drug interactions.
In case you are suffering from any of the following health conditions, then do inform your doctor before taking Tugain 10% solution:
- High blood pressure
- Heart diseases
- Circulation disorders
Avoid taking the following medication along with Tugain 10% solution as there are chances of a drug interaction:
- Isosorbide Dinitrate
While you are using Tugain 10% solution 60ml, it is essential to take the following preventative measures:
- Follow your doctor's instructions when applying Minoxidil 10% solution. Using this treatment does not require shampooing your hair every day
- Ensure your hair and scalp are completely dry before applying Tugain 10% Solution. To notice hair growth, use it every day at the same time for three to four months
- After using Tugain 10% Solution, you should wait 4 hours before shampooing your hair
- Do not use Tugain medication if you are allergic to Minoxidil or any other ingredient present in this medication
- Make sure Tugain 10% Solution does not drip onto your face because it could encourage unwanted facial hair growth
Tugain 10% Solution 60ml should be kept from moisture, direct sunlight, and heat at or below 25°C. Keep the lotion away from children's reach.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Tugain 10 effective?
It works best for scalp thinning or baldness at the top of the head but less well for receding hairlines or frontal baldness.
If you have had a significant area of hair loss or have been bald for a long time, your chances of receiving benefits are lower.
How do you use a Tugain solution?
Apply 1 ml of Tugain Solution to the scalp's hair loss area twice daily, separated by 12 hours. Wash your hands after applying the solution, then gently massage the scalp. The total application amount each day should be at most 2 ml.
How long should I leave Minoxidil in my hair?
After applying the Minoxidil, please wait for 2 to 4 hours before going to bed for it to dry thoroughly. Suppose your hair or scalp is not completely dry after using the medication. In that case, Minoxidil may leave stains on clothing, caps, or bed linen.
Can we apply Minoxidil daily?
Yes. You can apply 1 milliliter (mL) to the scalp twice daily. However, make sure that you stay within the recommended dose.