About Foligraf 150 IU
Foligraf 150 Injection is used to help women who are having trouble getting pregnant. Women who have problems ovulating or get fertility treatments like in-vitro fertilisation to use it.
The primary ingredient present in this injection is Urofollitropin.
A doctor gives Foligraf 150 Injections by way of an injection. Your doctor or nurse will help you learn how to provide yourself with the medicine. Your doctor will tell you when to get the shot, so you should always do what they say.
Female infertility is when a woman can't get pregnant after trying for a year or six months if the woman is over age 35; if a woman has frequent miscarriages, it's known as infertility.
This medicine is used to help women who are having trouble getting pregnant.
It gives the ovaries the hormone (FSH) that helps them make eggs.
Most of the time, this medicine is used with another hormone (hCG) to support a mature egg's growth and be released (ovulation).
Women with primary ovarian failure (ovaries no longer make eggs properly) should not take this medicine.
Foligraf 150 Injection works in women by making them make more estrogen, which helps the egg grow and develop before it is released.
It also allows women undergoing assisted reproductive technology procedures to produce more follicles (eggs).
How to use it?
Following are the guidelines for taking this injection:
- A Patient Information Leaflet is included with this medicine. Pay close attention. Consult your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist if you have any queries about this medicine
- Read all of the instructions on how to prepare and use the product
- Before taking Foligraf 150 Injection, wash your hands properly. Use rubbing alcohol to clean the area around the injection site before each dose
- Moving the injection site every day is essential so that you don't get sore spots or other problems under the skin
- Before you use this product, look at it to see if there are any particles on it. Don't use the liquid if either is present
- This medicine is injected under the skin or into a muscle once daily or as your doctor tells you
If you miss a dose of Foligraf 150 Injection, call your doctor to find out what to do.
Get help from a doctor right away.
Some women who take Urofollitropin get Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS), especially after the first treatment.
OHSS can be dangerous to your life.
Stop using Urofollitropin, don't have sexual activity, and call your doctor immediately if you observe any of the following signs of OHSS:
- Bloating, stomach pain
- Vomiting, nausea, Diarrhoea
- Rapid weight gain, especially in your face and midsection
- Little or no urinating
- Rapid heart rate, pain when you breathe, feeling short of breath
Foligraf 150 Injection is a safe injection, but there are chances it can interact with other drugs and diseases to show side effects.
There is only one drug, Ganirelix, which happens to interact with Urofollitropin.
There are six disease interactions with Foligraf 150 Injection, which include:
- Adrenal dysfunction
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Intracranial tumors
- Pulmonary conditions
It is recommended not to take alcohol while you are on this medication.
The following are the precautions that should be taken while using this injection:
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about allergies to this medicine or other allergies before taking it.
- Before taking Foligraf 150 Injection, you should inform your doctor about your medical history, especially if you have had other fertility problems (like a primary ovarian failure), unusual bleeding from the vagina or uterus, or thyroid problems.
- This treatment could lead to more than one birth. Talk to your doctor about all the pros and cons of having this kind of pregnancy.
- This medicine should not be taken by a woman who is pregnant. Inform your doctor immediately if you think you might be pregnant.
Store it in the fridge (2 to 8°C). Do not freeze.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of Foligraf injection?
Foligraf 150 Injection is used to help women who can't have children get pregnant. It can also help men who don't have enough Testosterone (delayed puberty and low sperm count).
How do you take Foligraf injection?
Foligraf 150 Injection is a shot given just under the skin. The dose and treatment time depending on how the patient's ovaries respond.
How long do you take FSH injections?
Most of the time, you will get FSH injections for 3 to 4 days before you are checked on for the first time. Before presenting for monitoring, you can do everything the same to get ready.