Mamofen 20 mg
About Mamofen 20
Mamofen 20 Tablets are anti-Estrogens. It's an excellent way to treat Breast cancer.
It is also known for lowering the risk of Breast cancer when premenopausal and postmenopausal women have a high risk.
Mamofen 20 helps stop cancer cells from multiplying and growing. Tamoxifen is the salt that is in this medicine.
Estrogen is a female hormone that Tamoxifen stops from working. Some kinds of Breast cancer can't grow without the hormone Estrogen.
Mamofen 20 mg comes with highly positive reviews and is a recommended medication for Breast Cancer.
Mamofen 20 Tablet helps with breast cancer symptoms like lumps in the breast, changes in how the breast looks or feels and bloody discharge from the nipple.
It changes how the body makes hormones that are important for Breast cancer to grow and spread in women before and after menopause.
It could also stop cancer growth by working with other hormones or going straight to the cancer cells.
Mamofen 20 Tablet is a medication made from hormones.
It works by binding to Oestrogen receptors and blocking the effects of Estrogen on breast tissue.
Estrogen is a female hormone. This makes it harder for cancer cells to grow and divide.
How to use it?
- Follow your doctor's instructions when you take Mamofen 20
- Follow the directions on the label of your prescription and any guides or instruction sheets that come with the medicine
- To measure liquid medicine, use the syringe with the medicine or a dose-measuring device (not a kitchen spoon)
- You can take it with or without food
- It may be necessary to take this medicine for 5 to 10 years
- You should get regular physical exams and mammograms while taking Tamoxifen and check your breasts for lumps once a month
- If you take this medicine, the results of some tests may not be correct. Inform your doctor you're taking Mamofen 20
Take medicine as soon as possible, but skip the dose you missed if your next dose is almost due. Don't take both doses together.
Get help from a doctor right away, if you have any issue.
Most side effects don't call for medical help and fade as your body gets used to the drug.
Consult your doctor if it keeps bothering you.
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal discharge
- Vaginal bleeding
- Mood swings
- Fluid retention
Mamofen 20 is a safe medication, but there are chances that it can interact with other drugs and diseases to show side effects.
Certain drugs which interact with the eye drops are:
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Effexor XR (venlafaxine)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
Some diseases can interact with these eye drops:
- DVT/pulmonary embolism
- Endometrial dysplasia
- Hepatic dysfunction
- Visual disturbances
Talk to your doctor before taking Mamofen 20 with soy products.
Some evidence suggests that substances in soy may cause breast tumours to grow and may stop Tamoxifen from working.
But this is not true.
Also, it needs to be made clear whether or not soy products can help with hot flashes.
Even if they are just vitamins or herbs, you should tell your doctor about other medicines you take.
- Before taking Mamofen 20, inform your doctor if you are allergic to it
- Tell your doctor about your health history, especially if you had blood clots before taking this medicine
- Before surgery, tell your doctor about everything you use, especially breast reconstruction
- If you are pregnant or want to get pregnant, you should talk to your doctor
- You shouldn't get pregnant if you are taking Mamofen 20. Tamoxifen could harm a developing baby
- Women who take this medicine should talk to their doctor about reliable non-hormonal birth control options, such as condoms or diaphragms with spermicide, that can be used during treatment and for two months after treatment ends
Store the eye drops away from sunlight and in a cool and dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mamofen 20 used for?
Anti-estrogens are what Mamofen 20 Tablet is. It is used to treat cancer of the breast. It is also used to lower the risk of breast cancer in women at high risk before and after menopause.
What does Tamoxifen do to your body?
The substance is used in medicines like Mamofen to treat breast cancer. It keeps the cancer cells from getting the hormones they need to grow and multiply.
How long can you take Tamoxifen?
Most people take Tamoxifen or another hormone therapy for at least five years and sometimes for as long as ten years. The length of your treatment depends on what kind of cancer you have.